This weekend I was REALLY productive in the quilting arena!
I showed you the Daisies and Dots fabric. That quilt top is complete, sandwiched and I am about half way done quilting it!
I also started playing with this fabric at about 10 am today...
And by about 4 pm, in between entertaining the kids, starting lunch and dinner, and doing laundry, I completed the top!!
I am loving this quilt. I think it's definitely one of my favourites so far. I can't show you too much right now, but I CAN tell you a few things!
- It is made with a new line from Moda called Java by Deb Strain
- Yes, it is a Moda Bake Shop project which means ANOTHER tutorial for all y'all. :)
- I'm pretty sure Leah over at Burgundy Buttons will have this in a kit for you! If you've never been to her shop, head on over there. She has a TON of inventory and lots on clearance too! Click HERE to head to her shop!
- Oh... when can you see this? Mark your calendars for December 30th! Not too far away...
- Until then...here's a sneak peek ;)
Not only did I do all that...but I also worked on my Pillow Talk Swap 4 pillow! I'm wishing I would have cut enough for me to make two of these. I'm really loving it! I was also ahead of the game this time and took photos along the way so I can do a tutorial for you if you want to make one yourself. :)
Here's what I have so far...I just need to put the back on it and send it on it's merry way.
Psheww... I'm pooped! LOL!
I love weekends like this! It definitely makes my plate a bit lighter, which means I can work on things that I've been putting off.
I have one last thing to show you. Can't have a post with out kitty photos, right? :)
The kittens were born outside and spent the first 8 weeks or so of their life out there so they are constantly trying to get outside. Ugh! I wouldn't care, because they are fixed, but I'm afraid they might not come back and that would break my heart, so I try and keep them indoors. Except for today.
My daughter and I thought it would be funny to see what they would do in the snow (we got our first *real* snowfall this weekend...boooo) and maybe deter them from wanting to go outside!
|Odyssey checking out the snow, not bothered at all...|
|Sunny...she's got it all over her face and not bothered by it...|
Well, so much for that reverse psychology bit...Sunny now meows at the door wanting to go out. LOL!
Here's hoping you had a productive weekend as well!